- 24 garlic scapes
- 8 strips bacon
- Coarse salt
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Trim scapes at the bud, leaving eight to 10 inches of the stalk. (I left the buds on some of the shorter scapes, and the flowers inside were a little fluffy, but not unbearable if you’re used to finding cat hair in everything.)
- Bundle scapes in threes, wrapping each as tightly as possible with the bacon.
- Sprinkle each bundle with a few flecks of coarse salt, then with freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the bacon is brown and looks crisp. Flip the bundles halfway through. Delicious served hot, but also pretty nice eaten cold, in the shade, on the grass.