- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 cup whole milk
- 6.5 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Maple Candied Bacon:
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place milk, sugar and salt in a sauce pan over low heat, stirring constantly to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom, until warm. In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch and some of the warm milk. Make sure there are no clumps, then add mixture to the rest of the milk. Continue to stir until it starts to thicken and coats the back of the spoon (about 10 minutes). Stir in chocolate chips. Combine to stir until well combined and think (maybe another 5 min). Transfer to small bowls. Refrigerate until cool.
- In a bowl, beat heavy cream until firm. Set aside. In another bowl, beat together peanut butter and condensed milk until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Refrigerate half an hour.
- Next make bacon. Place bacon in a bowl with maple syrup, toss to coat. Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add bacon, cook until crisp. Lay cooked bacon on paper towels. Allow to cool completely and chop.
- Next assemble. Using a piping bag or a Ziploc back, pipe some peanut butter mousse over the chocolate pudding. Sprinkle with pieces of bacon. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings (or many more in tiny shot glasses). If you’re not ready to serve it yet, pipe the peanut butter mousse over the pudding and refrigerate. About 15 minutes before serving remove from the fridge then sprinkle with bacon when ready to serve.
Enjoy your Chocolate Pudding with Peanut Butter Mousse and Maple Candied Bacon